Dr. Grazia Masciandaro, first researcher at the CRN of Pisa, together with Prof. Giancarlo Renella of the University of Florence gave the speech entitled “Fitotecnologie per il reimpiego dei sedimenti fluviali contaminati” (Fitotechnology for the reuse of contaminated river sediments).
The event represented an important occasion to illustrate the activities of the LIFE AgriSed project, its objectives and the main expected results. In particular, the discussion focused on the sediment remediation activity through the co-composting process with green waste, jointly presenting the advantages and disadvantages of the technology.
The seminar also allowed for a strengthening of relations with important stakeholders in the sector:
- Andrea Sconocchia, REMTECH scientific committee and GdL Manager Fitoremedio RECONNET;
- Paolo De Angelis, DIBAF – University of Tuscia;
- Massimo Fagnano, Dia / CIRAM – University of Naples;
- Marco Falconi, CNR-ISPRA of Rome;
- Valeria Ancona, CNR-ISPRA of Taranto.